Vehicle signage, a great way to advertise…when done well.
Arguably the best form of advertising, aside from word of mouth, but only if done well!
A number of details have to come together to make the perfect job:
- The vehicle needs to be prepared correctly before anything is done. This includes removal of any grease, wax and tar.
- Good quality artwork is essential. If you are requiring only text, make sure people viewing it know who you are, what you do and how to get hold of you, otherwise what’s the point. In particular, attention should be given to your contact details to ensure they are as easy to read as possible, particularly on the rear, which gives you your best “bang for your buck”. If you are using digital imaging, make sure the quality of image is extremely good, the correct printing process and vinyl is used and a good quality overlaminate is applied to give longevity to the signage.
- Ensure that the correct vinyl is used. High quality vinyl must be used if the vehicle is a dark colour or signage is being placed over extremely contoured areas.
- Attention to detail during application can make the difference between an average job and a superior one.
- Keeping the vehicle clean will not only give a better impression, but also make the signage last longer.
- It is important to check the LTSA requirements regarding signage for your vehicle before the design process is started. All vehicles are not treated as equals ie. there are far less restrictions on a commercial van than there are on a private vehicle used for business or a wholly dedicated business vehicle.
Vehicles can be as simple or elaborate as desired. As basic as “permanent and prominent” to a full vehicle wrap. We are experts in all aspects of vehicle signage. Contact us with any vehicle signage enquiries you may have.
Vehicle signage projects for a variety of vehicles, our clients include:
- Courier Post
- NZ Couriers
- Rural Post
- Mount Golf Shop
- 4 Square Trailers
- Oropi Bushland
- Blur Eyecare
- Columbus Coffee
Vehicle graphics are a great form of advertising. Get noticed and become instantly identifiable when out and about. See your brand name and imagery come to life on car advertising that goes everywhere you do!
Your single car or entire fleet of trucks and vans will be transformed with vehicle signwriting.
From simple LTSA requirements to full vehicle wraps, we can get professional custom graphics onto any type of vehicle.
Removing vinyl graphics & vehicle wraps
Removing old graphics is not rocket science it just takes patience.
Old vinyl becomes brittle once exposed to UV light and how hard your job is going to be depends on three things – what vinyl was used, how long it has been on the vehicle and how much exposure to sun it has had. That being the case you will generally find one side is easier to remove than the other.
The use of a heat gun is helpful, a hairdryer will not cut the mustard as it doesn’t heat hot enough.
The trick is to heat up the vinyl to the right temperature to allow it to become as elastic as possible without damaging the paintwork underneath or burning your fingers in the process. This will not only allow the vinyl to lift off, but also take its glue with it. The more glue you can remove at this stage the better.
After all the graphics have been removed, the real work starts – removing the glue. We recommend a degreaser spray and lots of clean cloths. Follow this by a cleaner to get the degreaser off and job done.
We have also found a wallpaper steamer to be useful for larger jobs. Make sure you get one with a plastic head and padded cover to ensure you don’t scratch the vehicle.
DB Signs Ltd – the vehicle signage specialists. Call us on: 07 576 0036.